thinking abt adding a new kitten for pippie here!

Ray n Amaris RamirezRay n Amaris Ramirez Member Posts: 34
edited 13 October, 2012 in Choosing the Right Cat
we've had pippie for abt almost 4 months now and he's still very active and i know he's lonely. it's like an only child who gets himself into trouble bcuz theres nothing to do! i feel bad for him, he wants a playmate and no one wants to play :( it makes me sad. so we're gonna talk abt getting a new kitten for him and it's a 50/50 chance. i have high hopes! :) but is there any reason why i shouldn't get another one?

Comments

• Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    edited 29 September, 2012
    The only thing I would suggest is just giving it another week or two to make that sure the new cat litter is working to help his allergies/URI issues. You don't want to bring in a kitten and get them sick with respiratory issues from Pippie. Otherwise GREAT! ~a~
  • Ray n Amaris RamirezRay n Amaris Ramirez Member Posts: 34
    of coarse! i was thinking after we get him neutered first too. it'll be abt another month or so :)
  • Lisa ProvostLisa Provost Member Posts: 4,486
    PPPPUUURRRFECT! :D
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 5 October, 2012
    you know what they say...cats are like potato chips - ya can't have just one! (that's how come I now have FOUR)(^^
  • Faye DufourFaye Dufour Destrehan, LA/New Orleans areaMember Posts: 4,648
    edited 6 October, 2012
    Yes, after Pippie is all clear with his health issues, I think it would be a GREAT idea to get another kitten. They will keep each other company and it is so much fun to watch them play. Keep us posted so we can welcome this new family member to CATSTER. The New Orleans Kitties:-h
    edited 6 October, 2012
    aww thanks guys :) i know pippie's getting a bit better but he doesn't like being cooped up by himself in a lil room unless im in here with him. im giving him l-lysine too to help him. i think he'll be fine b4 we get another kitten
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 8 October, 2012
    It sounds like Pippie would love to have a fursibling to play with!! Dad and Mom had only one cat before us and when she passed at almost 19 years old they wanted to make sure to get 2 cats so they got me and Zoey. We have so much fun together!!
    edited 9 October, 2012
    i know! im dying for another kitten, he gets lonely sometimes. and he's so energetic! i know he'd love a baby sister to get his paws on lol
  • BambergcatBambergcat Member Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 October, 2012
    I love my sister, Juliette. She keeps me happy, active, and full of loving. I groom her day and night. She came here when she was three months and is now seven months old.....Time flies by when you are having fun...