Kitty Shampoo

Siti ZarinahSiti Zarinah tampinesMember Posts: 1
edited 4 July, 2005 in Grooming
I need a shampoo makes my fur sliky and smooth, and soft... any suggestions?

Comments

• April BennettApril Bennett Terre HauteMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy uses Hartz Infusions Skin and Coat Shampoo for Cats and Kittens (with Anti-Hairball Beads) on me. Even though I hate baths, I like how soft and silky it makes my fur. Unfortunately, now mommy won\'t stop petting me because she says my fur feels so nice.
  • Sapphire DarkmoonSapphire Darkmoon TelfordMember Posts: 77
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I clean myself. I cant stand that horrible stuff! The soap gets in my eyes and makes them all itchy.
  • Daisy GeaslandDaisy Geasland GlendaleMember Posts: 1,438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mummy uses a special cat shampoo she got from the pet shop I hate it. I love my baths but when she gets the shampoo that's diffrent it smells funny my mummy won't stop smelling my fur is sooo annoying
  • Johanna MoweJohanna Mowe Overland ParkMember Posts: 201
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Our mama has yet to attempt to give us a bath but when she was younger she worked for a vet and he said that one of the best shampoos for cats and dogs are the tearfree baby shampoos and conditioners because they are so mild
  • Chantal DrapeauChantal Drapeau MontrealMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Like Toffee, I clean myself, and my mommy says that I smell good...and my fur is naturally soft, so I don't need a shampoo for that.
  • Mandy BowenMandy Bowen ParisMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mommy just found out about this product: http://www.sheapet.com/shampoo.html and she ordered some! I can't wait to try it. Before that she was using baby products for hair & body. They were good too!
  • Becky RussellBecky Russell Mountain ViewMember Posts: 6
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Buddy Wash from Tradar Joes is great. It smells like lavender, comes in shampoo and contioner and is really cheap to buy.
  • Alison MacDonaldAlison MacDonald SomervilleMember Posts: 343
    edited 27 February, 2006
    shea pet is really good, so it Espree,it's all natural. i like their hypoallergenic shampoo, it's very gentle.
  • Veronica MorrisVeronica Morris El Cerrito/SF Bay areaMember Posts: 14,677
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I refuse to support Hartz (because of their flea drops) so we definately don't use that one! I forget the name of the one we currently use... it's pink in color. Perhaps it's like 8in1 or something (we bought it a long time ago)? Anyway, next we are going to be getting Buddy Wash, as that's what the dog is bathed in and it works really really well. My parents are allergic to animals (now hwy then, do they have 6 of us?!) so we have to get baths fairly often. We usually get bathed about every 3-4 months. That helps out with their allergies a lot. The grooming does keep you pretty clean, but it doesn't remove the dander, which is the real problem. For the guinea pigs (and I think I remember this is true for cats, too) their saliva is a problem. So when they groom themselves, the saliva gets on their fur and then when an allergic person pets them they get exposed to the saliva proteins.
  • April BennettApril Bennett Terre HauteMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    3-4 Months?! Wow! Mom gives me a bath every week or two. Is she batheing me too much? My coat is still soft and shiny and I don\'t seem to be having any problems from all the baths. Mom and Dad aren\'t allergic, Mom just thought that getting a bath every couple of weeks would help keep my fur soft and silky and make me smell good. Is she wrong?
  • Toni DostalToni Dostal MarionMember Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My Mom was told by my kitty doctor that the best to use is Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo. I LOVE my baths, I get a nice little massage everytime, and afterwards Mom is always sniffing me and calling me her sweet little baby boy!
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Mom uses Doc Ackerman's old fashioned orange cream shampoo on me. It's all natural and it has a light pleasant scent to it.