The concerns are in regard to some planned trips this summer and my getting a kitten.
The person raising my kitten and his littermates gave a ballpark figure of us getting them about June 9th.
Problem is, I'll be going on a week-long trip on the 10th. I have informed them of this, so I'm trying to get them to agree to the 16th. I'm sure they'll try to cooperate, since they're friends of mine and nice people anyway.
But I'm just kinda nervous.
If I did get the kitten on the 9th, my family could take care of it while I'm gone. I'm just worried they'll be more careless than I would. I've done more research. Plus I have a dog, and I'm going to have to be cautious about the kitten and dog meeting and interacting. My family might not be so cautious, or they might be careless and forget to put one or the other up...
Also, we're all going on a family vacation in July. We'll be finding friends to take care of both our dog and cat. We've talked about pet friendly hotels, but decided against it. And my relatives we'll be visiting don't want my dog around, for understandable reasons regarding one of their dogs. Plus, the traffic there is heavy and very fast, and my dog is an escape artist who is accustomed to walking right in the middle of the road and just walking out of the way when cars go by.
So we're planning to leave the kitten and the dog with friends, perhaps separately. I don't think there's too much trouble there. But I want to be sure, or if there's anything I could do to make it easier on them.
I originally wanted to wait until after our vacation to get the kitten. And at first the person raising him was like, sure. Now they're saying they can't keep them that long. (For understandable reasons. They already have a lot of cats, and then they took in this pregnant cat.) So, I'm trying to work with them. Plus I'm already attached to these kittens.