I've got the snurfles!

Alyssa ArmstrongAlyssa Armstrong Member Posts: 15
edited 2 July, 2013 in Kitten Corner
Finn is our almost-9-week-old kitten, who came home to us about a week ago. And it seems he's got classic "kitty cold". No eye discharge, but lots of wet sneezes! He particularly enjoys sneezing in mommy and daddy's faces! He's eating just fine (eats like a horse!), litter box habits are fine. My question is, I know he'll get through it just fine (and I know the signs of needing to go to the vet), but is there anything I can do to clear up his little nose? The snot is nice and clear, but he's coating everyone in a fine coat of it, which is GROSS.

Comments

• Lee Ann KoffinasLee Ann Koffinas OrlandoMember Posts: 346
    edited 30 June, 2013
    I think it is not uncommon for kitties to come to you, especially if they have been around other cats, with a cold. I would do what you are doing, clearing out that gross nose, sitting in a bathroom with the hot water running will help, and a humidifier will help too, just like with a baby. The fact that he is eating and pooping fine is a very good sign. I would think if he seems worse or loses his appetite, take him to the vet. Sometimes they do not put them on an antibiotic, since it's usually viral, but I think if it gets worse, they will. I hope he feels better soon.
  • Alyssa ArmstrongAlyssa Armstrong Member Posts: 15
    edited 2 July, 2013
    It's been a little over a week, and thankfully he's got only an occasional sneeze going. Now we just have to deal with him going crazy in the middle of the night and attacking my poor husband's feet.