Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Dead Cats on YouTube???

Skye LoweSkye Lowe Sqwee VilleMember Posts: 69
edited 23 March, 2007 in Laws & Legislation
I was looking for cats playing dead on YOUTUBE cause i think its so silly and funny when you play with a cat and its asleep and doesnt know whats going on. the majority of videos i found WASNT playing with sleeping cats, but actual DEAD CATS!!! look it up, theres so many horrible videos from a guy eating a dead cat to a dead cat that some animal abusers hung with metal music in the background. its so terrible! no wonder youtube is getting sued so much, they dont even screen the videos submitted to them. its disgusting. :(( its even worse that people are entertained by that nasty stuff

Comments

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Yuck! Sorry, I can not watch that sort of thing, has anyone copied it? Can you use this with the petition? :-k
  • Pet SerranoPet Serrano Member Posts: 156 ✭✭
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Some alternatives to browsing You Tube: LiveVideo, iFilm and Revver all have an actual human review videos. Livevideo even has a family filter by default. Revver is very strict about content to make sure it's all uploaded by the copyright holder and doesn't violate any obvious laws. I have never seen any animal abuse on LV or Revver (aside from some PETA investigation videos), and in fact a Catster named Koda is running for purresident on Live Video against a cat named Monty from MySpace! iFilm has some questionable-but-at-least-it's-fake viral material like the cat on the fan Nokia parody advert. (So I don't really care for the site, but someone does look at everything and it is another option.) You Tube and MySpace earn money per page hit. It's not in their best interest to screen videos. They won't do it until they lose ad revenue. The more hate a video generates, the more money they get. Also you could spend hours at Catster trying to watch all the videos here! ;c;
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 23 March, 2007
    I don't understand why anyone would find that to be entertaining...
  • Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Loki - your point is well made. If we want to look for videos without coming across this sickness, YouTube is NOT the place to look.
  • Allyson SeachAllyson Seach EvansvilleMember Posts: 49
    edited 23 March, 2007
    oh mommy is so completely disgusted with youtube!!
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Then we wonder why the world is in the state it is in. What isa wrong with kindness and helping? I don't know. it is most disturbing.
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 23 March, 2007
    Yes by all means copy that video and submit it with the petition. Forward the video to Nikki she is the creator of the petition.