Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Who Wants to Do Something Really Good ???

Jill JohnsonJill Johnson GarlandMember Posts: 1,862
edited 25 March, 2007 in Laws & Legislation
Good Moning My Kee-kat Friends....My brother (Otis) has posted this on Dogster and I know that you all would like to help too. There is a horrible story out of St. Paul, MN. I won't go into graphic details but....a 17 yr old girl has lost her bestest furry friend (her therapy dog) and in one of the worst ways I could imagine. This story really hurt my mama, so she wants to do something "good". She contacted a reporter for the big Minneapolis news paper. This reporter has agreed to deliver any cards and letters to this little girl. If any of my furry friends want to join my mama here is the contact information: Crystal Brown C/O Mary Lynn Smith, Reporter Star Tribune Lowry Building, Suite 240 350 St. Peter Street St. Paul, MN 55102 Let show this kid that not all people are bad and that people everywhere care and are thinking of her!

Comments

• Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 18 March, 2007
    What a great idea! I'll get dad to get a card tomorrow and post it from here in Wales. :D Leida.
  • martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 22 March, 2007
    beautiful idea! we'd love to! bascially what should we say? and thanks for sparing us the details.... enough bad stuff swimming around meowmy's head... you're a doll!!!
  • debbie shortcakedebbie shortcake Member Posts: 136
    edited 22 March, 2007
    mommy would love to send a letter! are there any details you could share that could help us in writing the letter? what kind of therapy did this pup assist her with? :? thanks!
  • Jill JohnsonJill Johnson GarlandMember Posts: 1,862
    edited 22 March, 2007
    If you want to pmail me...I will give more details. Very horrible. The pup was a "therapy" dog. My understanding is that the girl came from a troubled home and lived with her grandmother. The dog was her best friend and she shared all her hurt and secrets..... I cannot imagine getting over what happened to her...
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 March, 2007
    We sent one from NZ.:^: