puffy and scared for no reason?

Mittens ZinoMittens Zino Member Posts: 74
edited 9 September, 2013 in Behavior & Training
Our 12 week old girl will randomly get puffy and scared for what seems no reason. she has done this from the time we got her at about 7 weeks. sometimes we will be walking and she is in attack mode and she will do it, other times we might startle her by walking past but other times, we are lying in bed, sitting on the couch ect. and here she comes all puffy, back arched, walking sideways, half lunging at us. my husband and i look at each other like "does she not likes this movie or something?". we know she is still quite little and extremely playful but is this normal?

Comments

• Catherine BogartCatherine Bogart San JoseMember Posts: 767
    edited 9 September, 2013
    Sounds like normal kitten silliness to me! Enjoy the sideways crabwalk while she still does it, because they outgrow it pretty quickly!
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 9 September, 2013
    exactly! I love that little sideways hoppy kitty puff thingie! Smitty will sometimes still do it. It is just a kitten practicing how to be "big & bad" and pounce on the invisible monsters!