Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Update on Petition

Elizabeth CharonElizabeth Charon San FranciscoMember Posts: 523
edited 1 April, 2007 in Laws & Legislation
I wanted to thank everyone who took the time and trouble to make this petition such a success. I asked for your support and you didn't let me down. Catster is a great place full of cats and owners who care passionately about the way that animals are treated. A few of us have been gathering information about the original posted of the video and we are getting close enough to present our findings to the authorities. But ultimately we need to make these video sharing companies responsible for what they post. Now I have the signatures I am going to make an appointment with the CEO of YouTube and personally present him with the petition. I feel this is important because I want to be able to tell him personally how I feel and how so many other people feel about this issue. Thank you everyone for your support! Thank you a million times. Edited to add the Petition URL in case someone needs to sign it or wants to tell their friends.. time is running out and I wante dto get a bunch of last minute signatures to make a bigger impact!: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/956629011

Comments

• Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 31 March, 2007
    When are you planning to take the petition to the CEO? My mommy just posted a link today in one of her critter groups and the people there have been signing it. I'm sure people will sign all weekend and into the early part of the week. Can they still continue to sign even after you take it? Please let me know so I can make sure mommy lets her group know.
  • Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 31 March, 2007
    Mama Kitty, I'm sure there will be plenty of time for more signatures to be added. Nikki hasn't made the appointment yet and then it might take some time. So please - anycay out ther that hasn't signed, please sign. The more signatures we get over the 1000 the better it will look. Thank you so much for passing on the details to your group. =; Leida
  • Elizabeth CharonElizabeth Charon San FranciscoMember Posts: 523
    edited 31 March, 2007
    Yes Mama Kitty, I will be calling and making an appointment on Monday but who knows how long until they can get me in? Might be another couple of weeks. SO sign away! Hopefully we can reach 1500 by the time I see the CEO of YouTube! Thank you so much for your support Mama Kitty. Thank you Leida for everything! Couldnt have done it without your help and the help of all catsters!
  • Sharla HillSharla Hill Keizer/Oregon/NW/Portland/SaleMember Posts: 16
    edited 1 April, 2007
    Signed and passed on! Sharla Ragdoll Rescue NW www.ragdollrescue.com