Stress Maybe?

Whitney LeeWhitney Lee EvansvilleMember Posts: 4
edited 2 January, 2014 in Cat Health
Hello! I'm new to caster, I'm super excited to be here :3 any who... I recently adopted my little angel Katara from a local animal shelter through petsmart on the 11th. When I seen her at the store she didn't seem to have any weird behavior and she seemed healthy. Her records show she has had all of her shots and she was spayed on the 4th but everything looks fine. She is very active and seems comfortable she isn't finicky or skittish, but she kept throwing up for the first few days. Not so much now its just few time and only between 6-10 pm (so not long after my roommate got home). She didn't get sick tonight so I am hoping what ever it is, is getting better. She has really really foul smelling poo, its terrible. It's very liquidy and she seems to be going fairly frequently. More than I would think she would need to. Could this be stress of the resent move or should I change her diet? I haven't changer her diet changed since I adopted her, I bought the same food as what the shelter was feeding her. All seems well other than getting sick and when she uses the restroom. Thanks for any insight =^.^=

Comments

• Paula K-Paula K- New YorkMember Posts: 2,244
    edited 16 December, 2013
    I think you need a vet visit and I would take a stool sample with you. This could be parasites, which are very common in cats coming from the shelter. If you haven't changed the food, it's unlikely that stress alone would cause this.
  • Heather ThompsonHeather Thompson BountifulMember Posts: 3,652
    edited 17 December, 2013
    Definitely Recommend a vet visit, as mentioned above it is quite common for newly adopted kittens to have parasites.
  • Whitney LeeWhitney Lee EvansvilleMember Posts: 4
    edited 2 January, 2014
    Thanks sooo much for your insight! She hasn't gotten sick since I posted this, so I am hoping that all is well. We changed her diet which seems to have helped. Her poo is more solid not quite as solid as I feel it should be but we have her on a canned food diet so I assume that has something to do with it. Her poo is still extremely foul, enough so it makes me gag any time I catch a whiff. We have a friend that works at a local vets hospital so we have set up an appointment to make sure she is healthy :))