What\'s the big deal with this baby panda?

Sandy ColemanSandy Coleman WashingtonMember Posts: 438
edited 27 February, 2006 in Plus Fun
Can I vent for a moment? As a catizen of Washington, DC I am getting oh-so-tired of all the oohing and ahhing over this new baby panda. And I am sorry to say, my Mom (and, excuse me, but her job is to ooh and ahh over ME!) going on and on and on about a stupid little black and white bear with . . .let\'s call a spade a spade, an unbecomingly large butt. I mean, can he bat his baby blues? Does he even have baby blues? Does he know how to get the humans out of bed in the morning with a carefully constructed series of passive-aggressive meows? Does he have any grasp of the concept of the intricacies of human-management and the effectiveness of the iron fist in the velvet paw? And what about maximizing the impact of his personal charm to get what he wants? Okay, well, maybe the little bugger is a bit charming, but exploitng it he\'s not. Anyway, my Mom is finally going to get her chance to see the clumsy little bear in a week or so and I\'m hoping that will be the last of it. Panda schmanda!

Comments

• edited 27 February, 2006
    Ah Rufus, I\'m sure once your mom gets to see the giant furball, she\'ll get it out of her system. Once she gets to see it in person she\'ll see how unfelinelike those things really are and you\'ll be the center of attention once again.
  • Alison GeargeouraAlison Geargeoura Member Posts: 157
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I bet it smells funny also. Boo xoxo
    Hehe I didn't even think of the smell that little bugger must give off!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I hear ya, Rufus - but it could be worse. At least the panda isn't coming to live with you in your house, Now at my house, where a certain "Panda" (that's Mommy's nickname for Miranda since it rhymes, isn't that goofy?) came to live with us. Oh, well.
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    He hee ! Zoe had a turtle named after her...and maybe it will have fur when it grows up!
  • Alison GeargeouraAlison Geargeoura Member Posts: 157
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hehehehe Jacques! Mol! Hang in there Rufus!!! Remember while your Mommy is being silly over some big smelly panda - you can always widdle in her boots... why our Charlotte did that to our Mommy the other day for fun!!! Boo
  • Sandy ColemanSandy Coleman WashingtonMember Posts: 438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks everybody for your catdolences! And, yes, revenge is something I'm considering. Isn't it good timing that the Christmas tree is now up and perfect?
  • Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    That is right Rufus...Kill the tree...that will show your Mommy! Pandas are big stinky piles of dirty fur, and they don't even use a litter box, gross!...now go kill the tree.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Gee Klemmy, have some catnip and chill! mol Just kidding, you are a HOOT!
  • Sandy ColemanSandy Coleman WashingtonMember Posts: 438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Klemmie, how's it going with the tree? Still going to get coal in your stocking?