The FURminator

Edward BuckEdward Buck Member Posts: 2
edited 30 November, 2005 in Grooming
I am curious if anyone has used this product. It looks very effective and I would really like to hear how it worked if anyone here has it! www.furminator.com

Comments

• rachel brownrachel brown weatherfordMember Posts: 1,299
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Marcus, there is actually an old Furminator thread around here somewhere that i posted on before but i'll re-iterate for you sonce i don't remember what everyone else said. Furminators Rock! i'm a groomer of both dogs and cats and love to use this on the animals who are shedding a lot. you never want to use it on dirty animals though since this dulls the blade and makes it less affective, a a bath prior to Furminating is required. also you don't want to over strip the area since you can pull out All the hair and make the animal bleed. you need to use firm, but not powerful!, strokes about 5-6 times in once spot on the animal then move to another. stop Furminating when you get to the desired "nakedness" (i usually go until i can see the skin clearly when i part the fur) you may also want to ask the makers what they reccommend but thats what i do
  • Boots BaumbaughBoots Baumbaugh Sarasota/Landings/RiverviewMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don\'t know anything about the FURminator but if it is a grooming tool/brush I can tell you that my Zoom Groom is the most purrfect grooming tool ever made. It massages great and boy does it get the excess fur off. My brother Merlin tries to get it out of the coffee table drawer so mom can brush him. After she does he runs off with it so he can roll around on it for hours. Boy, talk about your hogs!!! Thanks for typing this mom.