Wild Calling cat food

Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
edited 6 April, 2014 in Food & Nutrition
There's a new brand of cat food called Wild Callings :) http://wildcalling.com/ The cat food is only canned :) It's 96% meat and grain-free and no fruits/veggies =; You can get a Buy 2 get 1 free coupon here: http://wildcalling.com/coupon-cans-product-page/

Comments

• Sharon DaltonSharon Dalton Member Posts: 3,728
    edited 30 March, 2014
    Mom went to the website, and this looks like a really good food, but she found the price to be in the stratosphere. For who have the money, it's a *great* choice, but many will find the price prohibitive.
  • Sharon DaltonSharon Dalton Member Posts: 3,728
    edited 30 March, 2014
    Mom went to the website, and this looks like a really good food, but she found the price to be in the stratosphere. For who have the money, it's a *great* choice, but many will find the price prohibitive.
  • Nadia K- WattsNadia K- Watts WaterlooMember Posts: 1,340
    edited 1 April, 2014
    We tried the rabbit and pheasant varieties awhile back when the gals were still getting fed canned food and they really liked them! I consider it a decently good food, but I wouldn't feed only it because it doesn't have a high enough protein content in my opinion. Granted, it is grain-free and that is awesome! The rabbit variety has 45.45% protein for the typical nutrient analysis, which is a better indication of protein content than the guaranteed analysis that is printed on the cans. I still prefer canned foods like Weruva, Tiki and Almo because they have higher protein levels. For example, Tiki Chicken & Egg is 70% protein for the typical nutrient analysis.
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 4 April, 2014
    Wild Calling is a good food. Mom tried feeding it to me before I went to the Bridge but I was too sick to eat it. She told a friend about Wild Calling and she now feeds it to her cats and they love it, along with Great Life Essentials. Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of Wild Calling available: some are complete meals and some are for supplemental feeding. We also recommend Great Life Essentials (canned) which is also grain-free although very rich and calorie dense. Back in Feb.-March 2013, I didn't seem to be absorbing the nutrients from my food and mom was afraid she was going to lose me then. She found Great Life Essentials and fed me the chicken every day for 2 months. It *brought me back* (even my coat got shiny again!).
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 4 April, 2014
    Which ones are supplement only? :-k The 9 varieties listed on the web site are all 100% nutritionally complete with vitamins and minerals.
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 5 April, 2014
    We tried a few of the Wild Calling flavours when they were on sale a few months ago. Unfortunately, we didn't like the food that much, so haven't gotten any since, but I guess you never know unless you try it. :?
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 6 April, 2014
    Toffy, I'm not sure which is which. When mom was cat food shopping and looked at Wild Calling, some cans had "supplemental" on the label.