WARNING!!! Backgrounds and objects all dissappeared.

Linda52Linda52 DetroitMember Posts: 86 ✭✭
edited 10 April, 2014 in Plus Experts & Help Corner
Everything on one of my cats pages disapperared nd I can't get it back..I go and get codes and then put it in and click save fun stuff and nothing appears on page. All my other pages are still intact...is there a special media player that needs updating or what??

Comments

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 January, 2014
    It's a flea on Catster and Dogster. Don't touch anything in the bio fields on your other pages or everything in their bio fields will disappear, too. You can read about it in the Dogster and Catster All Paws Bulletin group, the BOLO (Be On The Lookout) thread, starting on pages 167 and 168. Here's a link: http://www.catster.com/forums/group/thread/738737/168
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 6 January, 2014
    Thanks Beepers.:c9 Sorry Catsters, paws crossed the tech team will address this issue for us soon! :r:r:r
  • Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 7 January, 2014
    I sent an email to the product manager responsible for moving Community tickets through tech, and requested a status update on this issue. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from him. |:|Community|:|
  • Ginger HaycoxGinger Haycox CoatesvilleMember Posts: 10
    edited 11 January, 2014
    Thank goodness it's not just our Mom! She thought her marbles had fallen out & all rolled away this morning when she saw our pages...all bare! Please let's hope they get this issue fixed soon... *insert sad kitty face here*
  • SuKoRoSuKoRo SouthernMember Posts: 1,532 ✭✭
    edited 11 January, 2014
    It's not looking good, kitties. :(( For the latest check the *BOLO (Be On The Lookout) Group* as Beepers advised above. Catster/Dogster have the equivalent of 2 great 911 operators manning the trouble reporting desk but the top cats don't have any firefighters, paramedics or police to send to our rescue. Catster functionality will probably continue to decline. But we can always hope for a miracle! There are also some tips in the BOLO group as to how to save your profile page, photobook pages, diary entries or any other parts of Catster should you want to keep them as mementos of the once fun place this used to be. :(( But, miracles do happen...
  • Hazel_LucyHazel_Lucy PurrsvilleMember Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭
    edited 12 January, 2014
    For years I have saved all my fun fields and other code into Notepad. That way I have a template and don't lose stuff.
  • Donna KDonna K CaldwellMember Posts: 3,673
    edited 17 February, 2014
    Oh, dear. I wish I knew this. I just came back to Catster this past Saturday and tried to add Fur Angel after Meatball's name. After I clicked Save, I lost everything. I had no idea this would happen and now I can;t get anything back. :((
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 29 March, 2014
    Is there an update to this? We want to add stuff to our profile but are afraid that everything will disappear :-O
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March, 2014
    Nothing has changed. Don't touch anything on your page or everything in the bio fields will disappear. You can add photos, rearrange those, etc., and that won't bother anything, but don't change anything to do with your profile or the bio fields.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 30 March, 2014
    Thanks, Beeper :-h
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 April, 2014
    bump. bump