Catster Access Issues

Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
edited 27 May, 2014 in Plus Informational
This weekend, all of SAY Media's properties were taken down by what is called a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS). The tech team has been working nonstop to get everything back up and running, but it will take some time before we can expect the sites to run "normally." We are posting updates in the All Paws Bulletin Group when we are able to access Community areas of the sites.

Comments

• Lori MalmLori Malm San FranciscoMember Posts: 7,342
    edited 22 April, 2014
    Here is an article in TechCruch about the SAY Media DDoS Attacks. :m
    edited 22 April, 2014
    Here is an article in TechCruch about the SAY Media DDoS Attacks. :m
    edited 24 April, 2014
    OK, I think we're in the clear. The sites have been working well for me today! =; There are a few 404 errors and some missing images that need to be addressed, but other than that… If you do notice something odd, other than the countless features that were broken before the DDoS attack, please send an email to Support. Have a great day everypawdy! |^|
    edited 28 April, 2014
    :w)
    edited 28 April, 2014
    Let's celebrate with FREE Balloons in the Catster Gift Store! |bb|
  • Greg StawinogaGreg Stawinoga So. HollandMember Posts: 1,000
    edited 28 April, 2014
    Maybe we should wait before we celebrate in case we get hit with the attacks again.
    edited 19 May, 2014
    Paws up! All of SAY Media's properties are under another DDoS attack. You may have some trouble accessing Catster today. The tech team is on it. :m
  • Greg StawinogaGreg Stawinoga So. HollandMember Posts: 1,000
    edited 19 May, 2014
    I see that celebrated a little too early, 3 weeks later here we are again
  • Renee RyzRenee Ryz Member Posts: 2,164
    edited 20 May, 2014
    is that why we cannot see any pictures? arrg stoopid spammers :n:
    edited 27 May, 2014
    I am STILL trying to get some technical support for the missing images and background on the Community areas of Dogster and Catster. I sent a second request to the tech team today. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! |:|Community|:|