Getting paw

Shannon BernardShannon Bernard Allegany Co.Member Posts: 269
edited 4 December, 2005 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
I was wondering how a cat gets some paw around here? Is it really truly random and only random? Is there no way to increase the chances that your page(s) will be viewed in 'gimme some paw' mode? It seems kind of a bummer to be so darn adorable just to get lost in the infinite randomness of all these other cool cats!

Comments

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    You\'re five paws, for sure! At least there is a better chance of you being rated now than there used to be, and I bet it will happen soon. If kitties click on \"New Additions,\" they get to give paw just to kitties with, I believe, three or less ratings. You should be in that group, so that\'s better than being in the whole 50,000. But it\'s very weird how some kitties come on and get a lot of ratings right away, and some other kitties have been on a long time and have very few ratings. I guess that\'s \"random.\" So tell all your friends to rate \"New Additions,\" and maybe they\'ll come across your page!
  • Shannon BernardShannon Bernard Allegany Co.Member Posts: 269
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks Scooter for your reply. That\'s a beautiful page you have--it brought tears to our eyes. Every cat should be as lucky as you. Keep on enjoying the sunshine. Edited to add: congratulations on being catster cat of the week--sounds like you\'re cat of a lifetime for your humans.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thank you, Lucy, for those sweet comments. Thanks for the congratulations, too. It\'s been an exciting day! I hope your \"random\" turn for some paw ratings comes up soon. It took almost three weeks for me to get the first ratings.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow Lucy - you truly are a 5 paw cat! What a stunning photo you have. Scooter is right - the paw rating is by random process. Its too bad considering so many well deserved kitties such as yourself, my sis Chloe and so many others just get lost in the shuffle and never have a chance to be voted on regularly. *waves hi to Scooter*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    You guys are the best, thanks! Well, now we've almost changed our minds about wanting to get paws. My dog siblings both got rated right away after joining. MooShu got 4 paws, which we were pretty happy about, and we looked forward to reaching for 5 paws. Rommel had 5 paws, which we were really darn proud of. Tonight we visited the site and found that he lost a paw, and now we're all a little sad. 4 paws is nothing to bark at, but 5 paws was just the cat's meow and we were sad to lose that. Oh well, I guess we're just a sensitive bunch and want everyone to love us as much as our humans do!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Awwwwwww Lucy dont worry. I am Sweetie's sis. Tiki & I were the last added to our family (about 3 months later than the rest) and we are the only ones not to have 5 paws!!! So we know how it feels. I guess catster has grown so much in the past few months that there are too many cats to go through and not all of us get voted on like my other siblings did when they were added months ago. I feel your pain. *sniff* We'd like 5 paws too - maybe one day. *smiles hopefully*
  • Rachel NosalRachel Nosal LincolnMember Posts: 135
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I noticed when I used to give paw on a daily basis that the same cats were coming up often. That hardly seems random to me.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Lucy, I noticed yeserday you had one five-paw rating, now today you have two! YAY! Congratulations. My mom slobbered some stuff in my diary yesterday, Lucy, and part of it was to you, for your wonderful comment about me being cat of a lifetime to them. She included your name, with a link to your page. Thanks again for your considerate comments. (I told her she's not supposed to use my diary like that again, though. It's for kitties, not people.)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks Scooter. I've gotten 3 votes now, but down to 4 paws--just like happened to Rommel. Oh Well! Not too upset about that. OOOOH--I've gotten my first diary reference! That's awesome! Thanks. How did you post the link though? That's something I don't know how to do.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Lucy, Sorry, I didn\'t know your question was here. I say hisssss to the kitties who gave your page less than five paws. That first kitty had it right. It\'s five paws! Links are made using HTML. I can make links, but I\'m not very good at explaining it in a few words. There are already some threads here that tell how to make links. Here\'s one, right here under Tips, Tricks & Help, titled HELP, How to make links???? Then, here\'s another one under Other Meows & Purrs - How to make a link? Click on those links and see if they help you. You should probably post any questions you have in one of those threads. Maybe Alex or Merlin the Cat Wizard will answer -- or someone else that can explain it better than I can. If that doesn\'t help, then catmail me directly and I\'ll try to help. ******************* Well, duh! I had the links wrong the first time.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I guess they don't call me silly goose for nothing scooter--it didn't even occur to me to look for help in other threads. *sigh* Thanks for all your help--you're a catster ambassador for sure!