i ate a piece of thread, please give advice

Phillipe PerlongoPhillipe Perlongo Member Posts: 22
edited 16 July, 2016 in Cat Health
I ate a piece of thread from my moms shirt this morning. Called the vet who said to bring me in right away to induce vomitting. We went this morning and they gave me two doses of xylazine to help induce vomitting. I didn't vomit at the vet, but came home, ate and vommitted several times afterwards and did not produce the thread i ate. i am EXTREMELY lethargic even though i still want to be around my humans. Has anybody else gotten induced with this drug before? Has anybody else ate a string or a thread and been ok? my mom is so worried. Thank you in advance for reading


  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 July, 2016
    I'm sorry I just saw this! How are you doing, Phillipe? If you're still not feeling well, I'd have your mom call the vet back. I have to admit, I swallowed a string of seed beads when I was young and mom didn't even know until she found it in my poop. :r I think vets would prefer to be safe by getting any known string out before it does any damage, though. Please keep us posted! Sending purrs. |:|
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to the new Catster Community!

Introduce the community to your pet with our Pet Profiles and discover how to use the new community with our Getting Started pages!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!