young kitten 7-8 wks old is vomiting and light brown soft stool what can I giv ehim to make him feel

Trina MaciasTrina Macias PascoMember Posts: 555
eating same food as litter mates and they are fine

Best Answers

• Beth CostaBeth Costa Stoneham, MAMember Posts: 252
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, has he been checked for worms? It's really common in kittens and causes symptoms like this.
  • Siobhan TobinSiobhan Tobin Palm Beach GardensMember Posts: 9
    Accepted Answer
    Has your vet done a fecal smear? Kittens often have giardia or coccidia which are parasites and repeated fecal smears may be needed. They are easily cured. Also, many kittens have intestinal worms for which they need to be treated once a week for 3 weeks. We are the same age as you and we LOVED the taste of this medicine. We also had tapeworm which required one pill and we were done. Definitely go to a vet as they will be able to help with all of the above. What kind of food are you feeding? Are you feeding wet food or dry food? Is there corn, wheat or soy in the food? Wet food is better always. Some cats have a condition called IBD and cannot tolerate grains. My littermate Bambi is suffering from this condition. Luckily, my meowmie knew about it because my older sister, Jemima (not a littermate) has it. She does just fine with wet food.