My kitten is sick, I took him to the vet and he can't find anything wrong with him. Not eating or dr

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Did your vet draw a blood sample? That would've been wise. If I were you I would take him back and have his blood drawn and sent in for a proper analysis. What food are you currently feeding him? Nutrition has a lot of impact on a cat's health. I'd recommend an all natural raw food diet. It's based on what cats are supposed to eat in the wild and it yields fantastic results. Otherwise I'd recommend Innova, Solid Gold, Wysong, Nature's Variety, or Felidae cat food that can be obtained from your local pet store.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I would get a second opinion, see another vet. Not eating and drinking is serious for such a small little body.
  • Moxie PopMoxie Pop Los AngelesMember Posts: 130
    Accepted Answer
    Cats will periodically throw up due to hairballs, ingesting something harmless that temporarily irritates their stomach, etc. You've already taken your kitty to vet so that's good. I would observe your kitty for say the next 12-24 hours and if he/she seems to be getting worse (e.g. lethargic, etc), I would definitely take your kitty back to the vet or get a 2nd opinion elsewhere. If your kitty seems to be otherwise acting normal (e.g. playing), it may be something temporary. Has there been a sudden/recent change (e.g. new food, new treats, new toy) that could be the source? Some cats have food allergies or maybe that batch was bad. Is there evidence the kitty ate something he/she shouldn't have (e.g. pieces of string, parts of a plastic bag, etc). Do some detective work and see if you can figure out what might have triggered the vomiting. Also, be careful about giving your kitty food shortly after he/she throws up b/c it can make it worse - check with your vet on proper procedure.