My ~5month old kitten is not eating and sleeping ALOT. Would could be some reasons?

She just started acting like this about a week and a half ago. She is usually active and eats very well. I noticed she got skinnier and was not playing at all. Just wondering what concerns I should have? Should I mix up the food with some wet?? Is this a growth period?? Sickness??

Best Answers

• Christine UnversawChristine Unversaw EvanstonMember Posts: 3,321
    Accepted Answer
    I'm not going to claim to have any idea what's wrong with her..but she needs to see a vet. If she's losing weight, lethargic, and not eating, something is wrong and she needs to be seen. I'd get her to the vet as soon as you can.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with the other post. Your kitten needs to be seen by a vet. Hope she feels better soon!
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If your kitty was not tested for FIP, FIV or feline leukemia, you need to get her tested now. She could have any of these diseases and if you have other cats in the house you need to get them tested as well as these diseases are highly contaigious. She needs to see a vet as soon as possible.
  • Mommy2juanMommy2juan HanfordMember Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Concur with other posters, kitten may have Feline Leukemia, in which case you can only love your kitten and try to keep kitty comfortable for as long as she/he lives. GET KITTY TO VET!
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    Cats usually stop eating when they are sick. I am very concerned that this has been ongoing for over a week. As a rule of thumb, if your cat refuses food for more than 24 hours, something is usually wrong, and a vet should be consulted immediately.