I may have swallowed a cotton ball!

My mom thinks I may have swallowed a cotton ball last night. I started gasping for air and woke my mom up last night. When mom turned the light to check on me on I stopped choking and mom found a cotton ball next to me which had fallen out of a homemade pillow I had been kneading on. Mom called the vet and the vet said it should probably pass since I'm a big boy of 16 lbs and to just watch me. How long do you think it will take to pass if I did swallow it, or how soon do you think I could start getting sick if it doesn't pass? Also is there anything I can do to help it along? It has only been about 10 hours but Mom is very worried about me.

Best Answers

• Mommy2juanMommy2juan HanfordMember Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hoping your kitty likes Tuna? Give kitty a little tuna with the fish oil it's packed in. It will pass easier & quicker. Time frame 1-2 days & it probably won't come out intact. The oil will help break it down;)
  • zeta frascazeta frasca londonMember Posts: 15
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,I think you will be fine, but if you go out it might be a good idea to stay in for 24-48 hours to your mum can make sure you're not vomiting and eating normally. If you decide you don't want to eat anything then you mum needs to take you to the vet. Hope you are well, please let us know how you get on!!