my male cat is losing its fur from the two sides of its back beside its tail,till the spot is becomi

Member Posts: 1
My male cat which is in a white mix with a dark greyish-brown colour and is 1yr and 4 months old. It is suffering from this fur losing symton for afew weeks. My male cat is losing its fur from the two sides of its back beside its tail,till the spot is becoming bald. What could this symton be like for my cat. It is behaving in its normal way and is eating and sleeping normally. But it is just suffering for its back fur lost. If anyone is faililar with this please help me out. Thanks for your co-operation.

Best Answer

• Lisa Behr WinzalevitchLisa Behr Winzalevitch Oneida, NYMember Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer
    Perhaps it is a tapeworm or some other digestive worm. I was lucky enough to see (yes, actually see) a couple of "pieces" of worm on her heiny and got her treatment right away. More to the tune of your inquiry... Ariel starting aggressively licking her hind end. She was about 1 1/2 year old when I noticed the intruders; she was eating and sleeping normally. I wish I had more advice but that is my personal experience with this.