Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

What do I give a 5 month old kitten for constipation?

Member Posts: 1
She has been to the Vet and recieved enemas and stayed overnight for observation. I feed her Fancy Feast can food and purina kitten chow. Don't want to loose this kitten, she is my heart. I have another male cat that is 18months olds and they get along good. I have 3 litter boxes in the house in various locations. She has no trouble urinating. The problem just started 4 days ago. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• Kelly HendryKelly Hendry Charlottesville, VAMember Posts: 556
    Accepted Answer
    I'm a little confused....was she at the vet for her constipation? If not she probably needs to go back. Laxadone, which is sold in pet stores, can be added to their food to relieve constipation.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    I'm confused also. If she was at the vet for her constipation then they should have given you home-going instructions and medications for her problem. If it's not working then you need to call them and ask them if they want to see her again.
  • Shauna RobinsonShauna Robinson BallymenaMember Posts: 11
    Accepted Answer
    you could just try to adapt her diet to include more fibre.... try pumpkin seeds or bran cereals with her food. I think the vet was a little quick to give her an enema as there are plenty of products that could have been tried first! But I guess the vet knows best.......