When should I take my 15 week old Sphynx kitten that was diagnosed with Upper Respitory Infection ba

He has been on Amoxi-drops for 2 weeks, vitamins and Lysine 500mg per day. He play he eats alot and seem like he feels fine. The only time I noticed him not eating was the day after I brought him home but just one day. He still sneezes and blow snot out his nose and his nose sounds stuffy. But, besides that he acts fine. The breeder I bought him from just cant believe he has an Upper Resp. infection. Is there a chance it could be something else? Thank You.

Best Answers

• Cristina HenryCristina Henry AshburnMember Posts: 482
    Accepted Answer
    I had the same problem when I brought my purebred home from the breeder. I have a very good vet doctor who reassured me that URI is common is new kittens who transfer to new homes. They are under a lot of stress due to all of the changes. I did not need to take Lily back to the vet after her medicine treatment. If the URI still exists or returns again, the vet should be contacted immediately. Good luck.
  • Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    You may want to call the vet and just give them an update if he is still sneezing and has a runny nose. His symptoms sound like classic URI symptoms. I had a very severe URI when I was 7 weeks old. I eventually ended up on 2 antibiotics and lysine pase all at the same time I was so sick. Glad he is feeling better and congrats on your new kitten!