I'm just so afraid for her, for some reason!

Tiffani HooverTiffani Hoover Hanford / Fresno / Clovis / CaMember Posts: 3
My girlfriend kitty, Ginger [who unfairly doesn't have a Catster yet, for my weird little owner doesn't want to make her up one until she has pictures of her [me - :o I'm trying!!]] seems to be shedding uncontrollably. My owner Taffy has tried brushing her every night before bed, but she just seems to be losing more and more fur. I'm almost afraid she's going to go bald. Anyone have any information on this or how Taffy can perhaps lessen the shedding a bit?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Have Taffy examine Ginger very closely. Look for redness of her skin, fleas or evidence of fleas which are little black specks on the skin. She should look for anything but clean, pink skin under the fur and on Ginger's tummy where skin diseases can be more visible. This is the time of year when most animals "blow their coats" which means they shed like crazy, but if it's excessive, Taffy needs to call the vet for treatment.