I believe my cat, Peanut Butter, is pregnant. She escaped before I could afford to get her fixed.

Yolanda McCallisterYolanda McCallister South PointMember Posts: 2
I bought her some multivitamins and she takes 2 a day like it says on the bottle. Since Peanut Butter came to me as a stray that my son dragged home I do not even know how old she is. I feel terrible. Is there a certain food I should be feeding her?

Best Answers

• Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    Usually expecting cats are fed kitten food for the extra calories and nutrition. She should really see a vet though to make sure she is healthy and they can give you an estimate on her age and when the kittens may be expected as well.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for taking this potential mama kitty in! Mr. Fez is right. She needs to see a vet to make sure she carries no diseases that could be passed on to her babies. The vet can tell you if she is indeed pregnant and how far along she is. She can also be aborted if she's not too far along. If you cannot afford the expenses of a litter then even though this sounds hard-hearted, it may be the best way to go if still possible. If you decide to let her have the kittens, please don't give them away for free. There are many unscrupulous "collectors" and freaky people out there. Ask at least $15.00 for each kitten. Good luck!