My cat has been acting strange for two days, sleeping in the bathroom, down stairs, I saw him drink

Member Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    You need to take him to a vet to get checked out. That doesn't sound normal and could be a sign of something serious like diabetes
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    You don't say how old your cat is, but the symptoms you are describing exactly match the way my childhood cat acted before she died of diabetes. Get your cat to the vet right away, and good luck!
  • Katie McArthurKatie McArthur Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    Definitely take your cat to the vet! There are a number of things that it could be, and if kitty is not eating the problem can get worse quickly. When cats don't eat, they begin to break down their fat stores just like humans, but unlike humans, they don't have as much of the enzymes needed to break the fat down, and it can end up as deposits in their liver. If it is diabetes, or even just something that he ate, you certainly don't want to compound the problem by delaying treatment. Best of luck- feel better soon kitty!