my cat has a cloudy film on both her eyes it's in the corner starting to cover the whole eye. would

Member Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    Not sure what it is but you should take him to a vet as there's clearly something wrong.
  • Accepted Answer
    You need to take her to a vet!...I might be wrong but cataracts comes to mind.
  • Mary AileoMary Aileo Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    Something like this happened to one of my guys when he was a kitten. He had been sick and the cloudy film was actually an ulcer on his eye. He lost his sight in that eye but he lived for nearly 19 years. Check it out to be on the safe side.
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    An upper respiratory infection (URI), such as feline herpes, can lead to corneal ulcers and blindness. Cataracts can have a number of causes, including contagious diseases. When eye conditions are left untreated, permanent disfigurement and/or blindness can occur. Considering the risks, immediate veterinary attention is of the utmost importance.