what shots doea an indoor only cat need?

Angela FennerAngela Fenner ColumbiaMember Posts: 27
my cats are just shy of 10 weeks and they will be going next week for thier shots, I was wondering what shots do cats that will be indoors only need.I do have about 10 or more strays that hang out on my porch and I am scared that I will give my cats something from touching the stray...can this happen?I wash my hands after but still scared!!thanks for any feedback!

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    From www.yahoo.com/catvaccinations INDOOR CATS: Vaccinate kittens at 6-8 weeks, 9-11 weeks, & 12-14 weeks with FVRCP Vaccinate at 12 weeks with Rabies vaccine Booster FVRCP and Rabies at 1 year of age Repeat booster for FVRCP at age of 2, then begin every other year booster Repeat Rabies vaccination every three years Individual situations may warrant some adjustments to these general protocols especially since your cats might be exposed to those strays. You can certainly transfer diseases to your kittens from the strays. A lot of nasty diseases are airborne, and there are always fleas. Fleas can cause worms in kittens and can eventually kill the kitten.
  • Chanel BaldwinChanel Baldwin E-Rap,MIMember Posts: 7
    Accepted Answer
    if i were you i would ask your vet. they may say just give them all of the shots as an outdoor cat. but they will be safe. with all of your stray cats i would for certain test your cats for feline leukemia. its very dangerous and can be shared through saliva. hope i helped ♥