My exotic shorthaired persian kitten has diahareah?

Member Posts: 1
I bought my kitten about five weeks ago. He eats royal canine kitten food. The first few weeks he was doing great. His stools were solid. Then all of a sudden he started to vomit and have diahareah. I took him to the vet . He was negative for parasites. However they said he showed a slight titer for corona virus,but does not have FIP. They put him on Metronidazole liquid for 5days. Today is day 4 on the medication, he is no longer vomiting, however his stools still not firmed up. What is wrong with my kitten?

Best Answer

• Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    How is he otherwise? Acting healthy? Playing, drinking, eating as normal? Or is he sluggish? Even if he's feeling much better, his diarreah won't clear overnight, you know. It might take having finished the treatment before his stools go back to being as firm as should be. Since he's already under vet care, you can and should phone the vet and ask him/her about it. They should be able to guesstimate how long it will take for the diarrhea to clear up based on what they already learned about your kitten. Phone them up. The worst case scenario is they'll ask to see him back in, and likely not charge you a full visit since they are following up on a previous health problem.