I have 5 kittens approx. 5 months old. All but 1 started limping overnight and today. Injury? disea

They were fine last night before bed at 2 am. My daughter let 3 out at 3 am. One in the house was limping and the other 2 were outside. Tonight I let them out a few hours and one more came in limping. I'm at a loss as to what is happening. There are no marks on them anywhere. They're all very needy acting now and following me around. One is becoming obsessed with licking my fingers and toes and biting them like he is starving that may be something different but it just started about an hour ago. Everyone is eating and drinking like normal. I have the mom and one more kitten without problems. I just find it very strange to have them all limping at the same time. All are front paw limping.

Best Answer

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Well, first of all, you need to consult a vet ASAP. One possibility is calicivirus, which is an upper respiratory infection that can sometimes cause limping. Do they have any cold-like symptoms--runny eyes, sneezing, nose discharge? One possibility is that if they have had their vaccinations recently, and the vaccinations included one for calicivirus, that could be causing the limping. I can't think of any other reason why 4 kittens would start limping simultaneously. In any event, check with your vet NOW. Good luck.