I just had my 7 month old kitten spayed today and now she doesn't want to eat or drink. Is this a re

Sassy moves around but she just sniff and go back under the bed. She was also vaccinated against rabies. HELP!!!!!!

Best Answers

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    Accepted Answer
    It's normal after a spay and also the vaccine. If she's not back to normal tomorrow then you should call your vet.
  • Kathy SherwoodKathy Sherwood Apache Junction AzMember Posts: 24
    Accepted Answer
    I took babies and scruffy in at the same time ,babies ate a little but scruffy didn't. Did you happen to get pain meds for your kitty. I was Leary because I didn't want them stoned but it did help and they only used it a day or two. Your kitty will like to sleep and maybe lick her poor shaved belly. It took my sweeties month to grow back and then I had to trim it to match.(fun fun) Good luck to you!
  • Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    Spaying is major surgery. Mom says that after human major surgery, people get to eat jello and soup the first couple of days and get heavily medicated. So your kitty should have pain meds, and some kind of food that is probably easier on a recovering kitty. If she likes wet food at all, get her favorite flavor out, and see if she doesn't go for it. I agree that if she doesn't feel better after one full day of being home, she needs to go back to the vet to check for complications.
  • Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, After my kitty was spayed, I made sure, I had some pain meds from the Vet to ease her pain and also the Vet gave me some wet food that is usually given to kitties that are on the path of recovery. This food will be light on their stomach and you might have to feed her as she might be weak and not be able to get up and eat by herself. I spoon fed her this wet food and she ate quite well. This way she did not have to bend to the bowl inorder to eat and that reduced her strain on the belly.