My cat can't raise her head off of her chest. What could be Wrong?

I came home from work today to find that my outside cat that I bottle feed from the time she was born, can't lift her head off of her chest. She is about 2 years old and just had her second litter of kittens. what could this be? and how do I help her?

Best Answers

• Lisa DaversLisa Davers SacramentoMember Posts: 3,642
    Accepted Answer
    This sounds really serious and you've got to get her to a vet as soon as possible. Best case is that she is exhausted from having the kittens but has delivered them all and needs to rest. However she may have had issues during labor and was unable to deliver all the kittens, have an infection etc. Exam at the vets will confirm what it is and figure out the right treatment. You may have to bottle feed the kittens as it sounds like she will be unable to care for them at least at the moment.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    Accepted Answer
    Stop what you are doing and get your cat to a vet NOW!!!!!!!!! You need not wait for any additional information from lay persons. You need to find out why your cat can't hold up it's head. Sorry to be blunt but how are we to know what is wrong, your cat needs medical attention. As a side note, when your cat has weaned the kittens get her spayed!
  • Amanda SundbergAmanda Sundberg TulsaMember Posts: 257
    Accepted Answer
    Hunter is absolutely correct.