How to stop inappropriate peeing on bed, sofa, loveseat by male neutered 2 yr old cat

fat tom started this after my husband and i had had him about 14 months. no major changes in house. we have 3 other cats that were here before Tom. took tom to the vet and he said no medical issues, but behavioral and jealous of my husband (due to time/location of inappropriate urination). is there anything we can do?

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    If you feel the vet's advice is accurate, then make your husband a bigger part of Tom's life. Have him feed Tom, especially the nummies he loves best. Don't you feed him. He'll have to wait until Dad get's home. Also, have Dad bring home a really cool toy like a laser light or one of those cat fishing pole things and play with him a lot. Make your husband very important to Tom. Also, if it's possible that your other kitties also peed in your house, make sure you scrub where Tom is peeing because they could have gone there also. Use "Nature's Miracle" from the pet store or have your carpets professionally cleaned. Finally, make sure that Tom's box is very clean and in a location that he's comfortable with.