Slight discharge from kittens' eyes?

I have seven ten-day old kittens. Their eyes and ears have opened, and they are all healthy-looking, if a bit underweight (see my post regarding bottle feeding). Today I noticed that some of them have a small discharge from their eyes--clear, and very little in quantity. They have no nasal discharge and no one is sneezing. Is this a URI or just a natural newborn kitten thing? They are so small that I hate to take them to the vet--he does not make house calls. I' ve had a cat with a URI in the past, and this is different; it appears to be just a natural phenomenon. People with newborn kitten experience please advise!

Best Answer

• Amanda SundbergAmanda Sundberg TulsaMember Posts: 257
    Accepted Answer
    When I was fostering Wyatt (the kitten I had from 12days old on to 9 weeks) he sometimes woke up with a little discharge but he never sneezed or anything and he was always okay. Around week 3 or 4 he did end up with a URI though.