My 7 mo.old female kittens hind legs seem to be 'drunk'.Her hind end sways,stumbles,and sometimes fa

My domestic short hair kitten's hind legs are wobbely,stumbly, and uncoordinated.I noticed it the night I rescued her but it is more obvious the last two weeks and is getting worse.Its like her hind legs are 'drunk'.Her pelvis/hind-end sways dramatically left and right when she walks,stumbles then sometimes falls(her rear end). She has not been injured, nor is she in any pain. She can also jump up on my bed /couch with no problem. What is the diagnosis and prognosis? Please help, thank you.

Best Answers

• Leanne FroebelLeanne Froebel Member Posts: 1,730
    Accepted Answer
    You need to take your kitten to a vet ASAP for a diagnosis and prognosis.
  • Ellie CarterEllie Carter SeattleMember Posts: 2,252
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Mickey.... You should take your cat to the vet for a diagnosis. It could be something simple, but the only one that can tell you is the vet.
  • Roopa RajaramadossRoopa Rajaramadoss manchesterMember Posts: 205
    Accepted Answer
    She is obviously losing her strength on her hind or something is definitely bothering her otherwise you would not notice this unusual behavior. When you notice something unusual the first thing you need to do is to take her to the Vet, I do not know the breed of your cat but there may be something genetic going on. We may never know unless you vet certifies she is perfectly healthy.
  • Carrie StuckyCarrie Stucky Member Posts: 1
    Accepted Answer
    You should take your cat to the vet. It sounds like it could possibly be a neurological problem or muscular problem. Either way, you don't want your kitty to suffer if it's something that can be treated! Good luck!
  • Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, go to a vet NOW. Calicivirus, an upper respiratory disease that is very common, can cause arthritis-like symptoms. Does your cat sneeze or have eye discharge? If so, that could be an indication of a URI. Whatever the problem is, take her to the vet immediately!