Is my cat sick?

Last night, my cat just peed in our bathroom on the floor, and just before that he was by his litter box and he didnt do anything so i took him out and closed the door, next thing i know there is a puddle in my bathroom and he is nuetered so he souldn't spray. Is he sick?????

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    You should never cut off your kitty's access to it's litter box. It sounds like your cat has a urinary tract infection. He may feel that he needs to "go", but when he gets to the litter box, nothing comes out. I'd say yes, he is sick and he needs to go to the vet's for a urine check and probably some antibiotics.
  • Stephanie DejanStephanie Dejan Des PlainesMember Posts: 4,239
    Accepted Answer
    I don't understand why you closed the door. Do you only let him use the box at certain times? That could be a major problem. It's likely to be a urinary tract infection. You need to get that checked out first. If not, it could be that he is stressed or unhappy and trying to get your attention. Do you always keep him in the bathroom? Is he getting enough attention? Are there other animals, or has anything in the house changed? If he were spraying, it wouldn't be a puddle. This is urinating, not spraying.