Sneezing with Blood

Becky DowlingBecky Dowling LewisvilleMember Posts: 3
I just adopted a 2 year old from my local shelter today. I have no idea about its medical background other then its been spayed and had its rabies vaccine. I brought her home and when i let her out, her right eye was watery and looked infected. She didnt appear this way at the shelter so i figured she may have bumped it in the car on the way home. Well i went into my bedroom to check on her and she sneezed uncontrollably for quite a while, and then at the end i had noticed their was blood where she had just sneezed. I am wondering what the problem could be. Maybe a UPI?

Best Answer

• Teresa ChavezTeresa Chavez San JoseMember Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    HI, It sounds like she has URI. Upper Respitory Infection. Most kitties from shelters have URI or have had it in the past. This can get really bad if you do not take them to the vet right away. My kitty first started sneezing, then got watery gunky eyes, then start sneezing so uncontrolably blood would come out. She was perscribed some Antibiotics which dont cure the URI but they make sure it doesnt get worst with any kind of other infection. We kept her in a warm room with a humidifier on at all times to help with the stuffy nose and this seemed to help. Going in the bathroom with a hot shower running helps also. My kitty slept for about 4 days straight didnt eat for about 2 days and then just like a cold goes away she woke up one morning started eating and she is perfectly fine now. Try to get her to eat and drink water with inticing food. She cant smell her food so she will be very reluctant to eat it. Hope she feels better soon!