i just adopted a 3 month old kitty on saturday,
its tuesday and he hasnt eaten anything but dranked

Best Answers

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Three days is a long time for a young kitten to go without food. Are you certain he's not eating at night? In any case, if you have any questions about his health, you need to go to a vet. It could be that he's just adjusting to his new home, or he could have a serious health problem. We aren't vets and there is no way we could tell you what's wrong. If you don't have a vet, get out the yellow pages or go on the Internet to find one close-by. Your kitty needs to introduce himself to a vet, get checked out and get his shots. This is what you have to do to be a responsible pet owner.
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Izzie. You should call the vet. However, until you can get in to see a vet you can also try feeding him something more tempting to see if he will go for it. Beech Nut or Gerber human baby food in plain beef or chicken flavor is very popular with mine and is mild for their tummies. (my vet recommended it when one of mine was sick) And the kitten formula Fancy Feast canned which comes in turkey and ocean fish flavor is also a good temptation. Changing foods randomly is never a good idea and can cause diarrhea, but if he's not eating at all, you need to get something into him. But if a can cat not smell, it will not eat. So I would be concerned that he might have an issue going on.