More info for person with sneezy cat

If you want a detailed description of Feline Herpes Virus (FHV) also known as "kitty flu", go to this site: www.cat-world.com.au/FelineHerpes.html. It describes in great detail what FHV is. But don't get worried if your cat has it. My former rescue organization fostered a cat with this and she is a healthy, happy cat with only occasional outbreaks that are easily taken care of.

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks to Delilah and Izzie's Mom for figuring out a way to answer the additional questions asked by Guest 537587. I don't know how you got the the extra info added to your question "Guest 537587" but once we answer, unfortunately, we are unable to add anything or answer you a second time. Izzie's link is some great info and the reason I asked about Herpes is because it causes eye infections, eye ulcers and makes it hard to fight off respiratory and sinus infections. Probably not what is wrong with your kitty, but it's worth asking the vet about if this sneezing continues to hang on. It is common for cats in shelters to be exposed to it before they have reached a full immunity from getting all of their vaccinations. Part of the FVRCP vaccine is to fight this virus.