I have two cats, 11 and 6. I just got a 2 month kitten, how can I get them to get along?

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Kittens are generally pretty fearless and their behavior can be intrusive for older cats to tolerate. But they usually work it out amongst themselves and find their peaceful place in the house. Kittens are often easier to introduce to other cats in the house than another adult would be. Just make sure that the first introductions are done slowly and are supervised. Don't leave them alone in the house without separating the kitten until you see everybody getting along. Keep toys available to distract the kitten if you see it bothering the older kitties. I have gotten several kittens in the last year and a half and we usually have some growling and hissing for a few days and then the big girls either start to act like they are mothering it and help care for it or else just try to ignore it and get on with their normal lives. Good luck and enjoy your new baby!