When is she going to stop?!?

Natalie LacroixNatalie Lacroix CambridgeMember Posts: 7
My 10 month old kitten is in heat and annoying everyone in the house!!! She and her sister (same age) are awaiting their spay appt which is in just over a month. But in the mean time, I just want to know how long Dex is going to be in heat??? ... its been 3 days and my boyfriend and I are going to lose our minds!!! She follows us from room to room chirping, and in the mornings it sounds like shes in pure agony!!! Also, do they get pains while in heat, like humans can get cramps? if so is there anything we can do to make her more comfortable/less annoying?? Thanks for your help!

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    No, she is not in agony or pain. Although it is uncomfortable. She just REALLY wants to find a boy kitty. Please be super careful with opening doors because she will try to get out and she will come back pregnant. There is really nothing you can do for her except maybe move up that spay appointment. The length of time she is in heat can vary. It should just be a few days but she may continue to go back into heat over and over again until she is spayed or gets pregnant. Mine all went to be spayed by 5 or 6 months old so we could avoid this issue completely. Blaze just went on Wednesday and you'd barely know it by today.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    Accepted Answer
    She's not going to stop until she gets spayed. Call your vet to see if they can move up the appt. Cats truly never go out of heat once they are in heat, unless they become pregnant or get spayed. The surgery will cost a bit more ($15-25) but it needs to be done!