My cat was fixed three days ago and the area looks red and swollen. His twin brother got fixed and h

I am afraid he has an infection. It seems the red is taken over original color of spot.

Best Answers

• Annalisa Conserti-JonesAnnalisa Conserti-Jones Member Posts: 5,234
    Accepted Answer
    Some red is not necessarily abnormal after a surgery (that's what the vet told us after Gracie's spay), but the swelling is a little bothersome, and depending on how much, it might be a sign that there is a problem with the incision. I would follow your instinct that something is wrong and I would call the vet asap and tell them what you see. They will ask to see him in to make sure he's ok at no charge, since this is follow up care directly related to his neutering procedure, which they handled. Good luck.
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Gracie is right. Redness and swelling are not normal, especially for neutering. It's possible that your kitty has been licking down there and since cat's tongues are very rough, the skin is most likely irritated. Don't be surprised if the vet gives you one of those white plastic "e-collars" for him.