had growth on leg removed now grown back, I can't afford is there somewhere that can poss. take car

Member Posts: 1
she is so sweet... I still owe 1,000 4 the first surgery and I am heartbroken, I really don't want to put her to sleep! any suggestions pls let me know. Thanks, Carol in San Diego

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I am wondering how long ago the first surgery was. Did they give you the impression it would solve the problem? Kira had a serious and expensive surgery on her inner ear in January and a couple of weeks later some of the symptoms were still there and they discovered that she had another polyp in her eustachian tube. Since he should have seen it during the first surgery, they only charged me for the anesthesia and not for the surgeon. Which was a nice surprise because I already owed the first $2500 on my credit card and fully expected to be charging the rest as well. But if it's not something they will take responsibility for not preventing, maybe you can get the vet to work out a payment plan to help you pay for her care.
  • Kathleen BKathleen B CincinnatiMember Posts: 135
    Accepted Answer
    Please don't give up so easily. Have you called your vet to let them know the growth is back? What was the 1st growth? Can she live (without pain or discomfort and still having mobility) with the growth? Please talk to your vet and see if they have some options. You did not mention how old your girl is. I would not think about putting your sweet girl to sleep unless she is suffering and there is no way to help her. Have you investigated Care Credit?