my kitten is straying and biting me....why?

I have a 6-7 month old kitten who has spayed/neutered, recently she has started going out over the past week but yesterday she dissapeared for about 6 hours, normally she is just in the field behind our home and comes when we call or whistle her. I dont know if this is releated ut she has started to bite and scratch me everyday thisis much much more than normal. she doesnt scratch or bite my partner...why? Am i been too overprotective worrying that she has been out for such a long time.

Best Answer

• Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Any time there is a complete change in behavior, we always suggest you bring your kitty in to her doctor. I can tell you from experience that, at least in the case of my late Ernie, once he became an outdoor cat, his affection level dropped dramatically. All he wanted was to be outside. He never bit or scratched, but he stoppped being a lap cat and when he was indoors, he just slept upstairs and didn't mingle much with the rest of our family. Ernie stayed close for the most part also and came when called, but they do expand their territories and I heard from friends in our development a mile away that they'd seen Ernie wandering their yards. One day, he didn't make it back across our street. To answer your question, if you don't want your kitty to stray, keep her indoors before she begins to prefer the outdoor life to the indoor one. Do not tolerate biting and scratching. Spray bottles, shaking coin filled metal cans and hissing to show your displeasure can work when she starts.