Spay infection.. How long is to long?

I recently had my cat spayed.. 3 days ago going on 4. Shortly after i got her back.. its seemed as if the surgery didnt phase her one bit, i tried containing her as much as possible, but she seemed to have ripped the glue stitch open fairly fast. It almost immediaty scabbed over and ididn't think it would be bad because it wasn't completly opened up and looked alright. This was a wrong assesment because I had someone else look and they said it was greenish(i am colorblind thought it was red :P). So no big deal, she is still eating and acting normal.. so i had planned on taking her to the vet on friday and completly missed the availble times... Today she is acting more weak and sleepy.. Now i just feel terrible.. Anyways the question at hands is... there are no vets open on sundays in my area unless i get an emergency call which i do not have the money for. Will she be fine until monday(it is currently late saturday)? Will she die if I cant get her emergency service?

Best Answers

• MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I would ring the emergency vet and talk to them. See if the wound smells, if it does and it's off colour I would take it seriously. If your kitty is lethargic, weak I think it's an emergency. Ring the vet now. Go in now, good luck I hope it all works out ok
  • Joy WaltersJoy Walters Member Posts: 9,276
    Accepted Answer
    Now that it's Monday, I hope you've already contacted the vet who did the spay. Your kitty has some big problems and she needs to be seen immediately, They'll put her on antibiotics and probably put one of those white plastc "lampshades" (e-collars) on her to keep her from worrying the incision. You shouldn't have to pay for the exam, only for the antibiotics.