My kitten can't seem to walk a straight line and falls alot. She seems to be eating and drinking fi

Member Posts: 1

Best Answers

• Valerie DurhamValerie Durham Member Posts: 8,724
    Accepted Answer
    Your question got cut off, but that is not important. I am not a vet, just a cat lover. Simple answer: go to a vet. If you don't have one now, find one. If the expense is a problem, your local shelter/SPCA can give you recommendations about how to find a cheaper vet and/or about payment plans. If your kitten was a rescue, that will work in your favor. Kitty needs medical threatment, fast.
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I agree with Leila. PLEASE contact a vet. Something is very wrong with your kitten. This brings to mind a kitty that is at a local rescue and is looking for adoption as a "special needs" kitty. He has a brain disorder that requires him to be in a home without stairs, without hard or slippery floors and can not be allowed to jump up on things as he would injure himelf due to his lack of balance.
  • Maggie BradshawMaggie Bradshaw Member Posts: 506
    Accepted Answer
    You should take your kitten to a vet and find out if he has a disorder called cerebellar hypoplasia. What your describing sounds like that could be it, but I'm not vet and I don't know your kitty so I cant be sure. cerebellar hypoplasia effects a cats moto skills and they basically walk around like they are drunk, and the condition usually is exasserbated when they get excited and are playing. Cats with this disorder live long healthy lives and there is really nothing else wrong with them besides their clumsiness, but you do have to take special perecautiions in your home to keep them from hurting themselves. you should look on youtube for video of kitties with this and see if your kitty acts the same way. The only sure way to know is a vet visit though. They dont need any kind of special medication or anything, just special attention, and I'm sure he will bring lots of love and laughter into your life :-)
  • melisa martinmelisa martin Waynesburg, KYMember Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    I just recently got a kitten who couldn't walk a strait line and was in a daze. she needed her ears cleaned out really bad, now she's much better.