Cat pooping and peeing around house and new baby?

My 5 year old cat has started peeing and pooping all over my house since we brought home our baby boy 3 months ago... What can I do to stop this. He is ruining all our new carpet. His new favorite place is below our bed. I dont want to get rid of him, but this behavior is making me REALLY angry, and pretty grossed out.

Best Answers

• Tina BTina B Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 2,238
    Accepted Answer
    First take your cat to the vet to rule out any health problems, like urinary infection, etc. Then you will know for sure that is behavioral from the new baby addition. Your vet will surely give you some suggestions. YOu need to still give your cat lots of attention, I know its hard with a new baby, but..... also you could try a thing called Feliway, this is a spray that is sold at most pet stores that will help the cat with stress.
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Accepted Answer
    This website could help:http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm
  • melisa martinmelisa martin Waynesburg, KYMember Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    Only one simple answer, Jealous, The cat feels left out because he isn't getting enough attention and the baby is. This very thing happened to my nephew the cat quit when they started paying more attention to him.
  • patty sordiffpatty sordiff fitchburg massMember Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer
    your cat was there first, so i think thats what he or she is trying to tell you, more attention please? lol hope you find an answer, dont get rid of him or her, you are all he knows right now right? well good luck ok?