I want to spray my clothing with Permethrin for a trip. How long is it toxic to cats once it has dr

Janice IdyllJanice Idyll AlexandriaMember Posts: 1
I am going to Alaska in August and September where mosquitoes are in abundance. I plan to spray my clothing with Permethrin. Is it still toxic to cats once it has dried on the clothing, such as jeans and socks, where cats often sit on laps or rub up against socks? Does it continue to be toxic until completely out of the clothing? I'll go with the aggravation and discomfort of the bites if there is any chance that my 3 kitties could be hurt.

Best Answer

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    I just heard on "The Early Show" this morning that it lasts through 70 washings of your clothes and creates a "zone" of protection around you. I would guess it will continue to be toxic to your cats but what I would recommend is to contact the manufacturer and discuss it with your vet to be sure. Usually there would be a leaflet of information available with this type of product and I would expect that to be somewhere in the fine print.