My female Maine Coon is peeing all over my house! What is wrong?

She just started this about a little over a month ago. She started to pee on my daughters toys, etc at first, now it's just everywhere. What can I do to help her stop this?

Best Answers

• Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Your first step is to visit the vet and rule out a medical problem. Sudden inappropriate peeing is usually a sign of something like a urinary tract infection. Next step is to rule out reasons she might be mad. Have there been any changes that upset her? New home, new pet, new people living in the house? Did you move her litterbox? Did you change the litter brand? Is the box scooped at least once a day and kept clean enough for her? She is either protesting something that upset her or else she may have a medical problem she istrying to tell you about. Good luck!
  • Julie VentrigliaJulie Ventriglia Member Posts: 2,923
    Accepted Answer
    Allie is right, your cat is trying to tell you something. This website has some suggestions that may help you:http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm Good Luck!