Fast breathing update

Coriander seems better. She and her brother Curry did not seem to be in any distress during their fast breathing episodes. Cori is now lying on the windowsill under an in-out fan and seems to be breathing normally. Curry is in his fav spot, the bathroom sink, and is still breathing a little quickly, but it's probably because it's a little hot in there. He seems to be calm and dozing a bit.

Best Answers

• Cady CalamityCady Calamity Member Posts: 214
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for updating us! So glad they're better, Mom was all worried. Just be sure to keep those fans on! Heat gets us kitties the same as it gets people. We apurrreciate any efforts to make it cooler. Concats on feeling better!
  • Sandy NenningerSandy Nenninger PlainvilleMember Posts: 1,975
    Accepted Answer
    Please continue to monitor it closely. Like Arthur on your other post, Dolly died in a similar way. It would be rare to have 2 with the same problem but since they are littermates it is not impossible. Dolly breathed in a way I described as "huffy'. With her mouth closed but her little sides would go up and down rapidly whenever she got excited or stressed. She did not ever seem to be in distress either and it took a while for my vet to see what I was trying to tell her. It was because there was not enough room in her chest cavity for her lungs to fullly expand. She had a diaphragmatic hernia and her liver was where only her heart and lungs should be. I am not trying to scare you, just telling you never to underestimate the problem. If this continues, ask your vet to do a chest xray just to make sure everything is ok.